Which one is the best iPhone case?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
the category says it's about both iPhone Hardware and Accessories, but i can't find any post about cellphone case. So i decided to start one. I'm looking for a case for my iphone 6, but can't decided which case i should buy. I have a list of companies in my head that i think have decent price and good quality. what i need is your advice!! Of course, Spigen and UAG are in my list. and i found a shop call designskin that sales cases. i like their design pretty much! good price and i heard they have good quality. can't really choose what would be the best case. Need everyone's help!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
What is "best" is purely subjective. I prefer to go without a case and use a leather pouch to store mine in, although I just ordered a leather wallet case from the same people (Atelier Pall) to try for a bit to consolidate the two items.

Last edited:

dbm

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini 2011 i5 2.3/8GB, MBPr 15 2013 with i7/16GB both running El Capitan
I love my leather Apple case for my 6S.

But I agree, there is no 'best' just 'best for you'.

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
I agree with member LB. This is a very subjective issue.

I used an Otterbox case for my iPhone 4 and hated it despite their good ratings. The inner casing that does most of the job of protecting the phone worked well. The rubberized outer casing started to peel off in a short period of time. The rubberized coating made it difficult to get out of my pocket once it started to fail. I must say it did a good job of protecting the phone though.

When I got the 6S I got a Speck case that I like. It's lighter than my Otterbox case and seems to protect the phone well despite several drops from chair level to various wood, tile, and carpet floors. So far this is the case I have liked best but for convenience sake I'm probably going to try one of the wallet cases LB mentioned.

@LB Thanks for the reminder. I've been meaning to look into those but didn't remember the vendor's name.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2013 iMac 3.5GHz quad-core Intel Core i7/32G Ram Graphics NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M 4096 MB, iPhone 6
It truly is a personal preference. I myself have used LifeProof on all of my iPhones. Ever since I told the salesman I needed a durable watertight case and saw him pull an iPhone out of an aquarium and then throw it out the door of store onto the parking lot I was hooked (yes the phone was in a LifeProof case, and yes it worked afterwards). I was saddened however when I got my iPhone 6 to find they did not make the case in orange like they did for the 4S, makes it easy to spot your phone. Good luck!

C

chas_m

I've only ever used silicon cases with a lip (in case I ever drop the iPhone and it lands face down) for the purpose of extra grip-ability, I haven't thus far (since 2007) felt the need for anything more than that. People who are prone to drop things should of course get something a bit better, but most of my cases have honestly come from the dollar store.

When I get the 6s later this month, I will reassess this and see if more is needed. My limited time with the iPhone 6s suggests that (without a case) it is even more "slippery" in my hands than the 5s.

dbm

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini 2011 i5 2.3/8GB, MBPr 15 2013 with i7/16GB both running El Capitan
The 6 and 6S are both very slippery when 'nude'. And the camera protrudes from the back of the non-plus phones. With a case on, this is pretty much a non-issue.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
For me, the Apple leather case for the 6 and now 6s is the best case I've had. But in support of what others have said it's really down to personal choice. The rest of the family all have various Spigen cases and love them.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP Retina mid 2015 15.4" 16GB 2.5 GHz OS Monterey; iPhone 12 128gb; iPad Mini 5, 64gb
I've only ever used silicon cases with a lip (in case I ever drop the iPhone and it lands face down) for the purpose of extra grip-ability, I haven't thus far (since 2007) felt the need for anything more than that. People who are prone to drop things should of course get something a bit better, but most of my cases have honestly come from the dollar store.

Same here - cheapies from ebay with daft designs. Current one has a glass with red wine (emergency supplies!) on the back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.