problems charging with the Magsafe charger

E

EODDC5

hi...this is my 2nd magsafe AC adapter now, and also my 2nd MBP...which i wont go into now

they have both have had the same problems....and im wondering if anyone else experiences/ed this with their MBP

after about a week or two of owning it, the magsafe has trouble fully connecting to the laptop, thus trouble charging

it comes to the point wehre i have to push it in hard to get it to connect fully .... and when i look at the male side of the plug, some of the pins get stuck in once in a while

my first MBP fried its airport so i had to get a new one....so both laptops, and both magsafes that came with each, are having the same problems

is anyone else experiencing this sort of problem

OP
I

in00b

wow! no problems yet [only had it for 2 days] but it's def. something i'll look out for...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP, 2.0Ghz, 2GB RAM, 120GB HDD, 1991 Powerbook 100, Gen 2 Nano, Gen 1 Touch
My MBP is nothing short of fine. No probs to report.

This may seem like rubbing it in, but that is not my intention!

Seems your having bad luck.

OP
T

tmpattonmd

I too am on my 2nd magsafe plug. Now it is starting to go bad. It looks ever so slightly scortched. I'm not sure if it is overheating and the springs in the connector pins are being damaged or what. There is dark red/brown residue in the magsafe connector. Oxidation from heat damage??

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Book Pro, 1.83 GHz, 1.5 gigs RAM, 80 GB, AND NO HEAT ISSUES!!
had mine for about 2-3 months now, no problems.

Reaction score
Had mine for a month before it was sent off for repair complaining of over heating. it cam eback with both fans replaced but also they replaced the DC-IN and the INVERTER. Both of these to do with the power but i haven't had any problems with the ac connection. Maybe i was about to?

Reaction score
Have he same problem. the springs seem to be damaged. Ive had my mbp for 8 months.

Reaction score
my mag-"safe": same problem

Got this macbook 13" four months ago. Now we have to keep constant pressure on the connection point to keep it charging.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.