El Capitan

Reaction score
El Capitan a DISASTER! Mail screwed & Microsoft Office for Mac critical update downloaded twice but won't install. I have only had it 2 days so who knows what else I might find!! I am not looking for answers at the moment as I am chatting to a Senior Apple Advisor but I have had enough wasted time. Going back to Mountain Lion as soon as I can find out how!! I originally upgraded because in 2 years + I have never had iCloud Drive on my machine. I now have that but at way too much cost in other problems. NOT GOOD!!

When you get some good answers from the "Senior Apple Advisor", please let us all know what he or she said in regards to the problem you are having.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
El Capitan a DISASTER! Mail screwed & Microsoft Office for Mac critical update downloaded twice but won't install. I have only had it 2 days so who knows what else I might find!! I am not looking for answers at the moment as I am chatting to a Senior Apple Advisor but I have had enough wasted time. Going back to Mountain Lion as soon as I can find out how!! I originally upgraded because in 2 years + I have never had iCloud Drive on my machine. I now have that but at way too much cost in other problems. NOT GOOD!!

Bottom line. Probably hundreds of thousands of folks have upgraded to El Captitan without issue. Will the occasional issue occur…yes.

If you upgraded from Mountain Lion…that's THREE OS versions older. Making a three OS version jump to the latest OS…sometimes can lead to issues. Maybe a clean install of El Capitan on your computer would have been a better idea…and had better results.:)

- Nick

Reaction score
Bottom line. Probably hundreds of thousands of folks have upgraded to El Captitan without issue. Will the occasional issue occur…yes.

If you upgraded from Mountain Lion…that's THREE OS versions older. Making a three OS version jump to the latest OS…sometimes can lead to issues. Maybe a clean install of El Capitan on your computer would have been a better idea…and had better results.:)

- Nick

I have to agree it's always a good idea to upgrade the Apple OS.s when they are offered.
My problem with El Capitan is the same as it always has been for me,it just does not operate like my Windows Microsoft OS's do.

My upgrade to El Capitan was some what rocky as i have posted in threads here. But after a few re boots it seems to be working as it is required. Just going to try a lot harder to get used to it.
I am sure there will be a bunch of fixs coming to El Capitan, like in the past to every Apple OS that has been offered for my Apple Mac Book Pro.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Mail works fine and have you upgraded Office to the latest version 14.5.8 which has fixes for El Capitan?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.