what is a good palce for MAC downloads

S

slicpinoy

I just got an iBOOK G4 12in

I have several questions, since I am a MAC newie.
What is a good site for downloads of mac software?
can mac seemlessly work with any wifi hot spots?
can mac work with my existing print server?
can it work with my current NAS? and Tera Station?
what is a good program to use for web building, as I use Frontpage for my website?
what is a good program for pictures, as I use picasa now?

basically, where can I find a site with all MAC downloads and reviews such as downloads.com. I use downloads.com but very rare reviews on it and diverse of programs. is there or are they any other sites that specialize in MAC programs?

thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook G4 OSX Tiger
try versiontracker.com and macupdate.com

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ibook G4 14in
i second versiontracker.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Powermac g4 400mhz, 10gb, 256mb ram, OS9
picture program =iphoto.. comes with your mac, so it wont cost you a thing.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" iMac G5- 1.8Ghz - 1GB of Ram - AND - 17" Intel Core 2 Duo iMac - 2Ghz - 1GB of Ram
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro, Mac Mini, TV, iPhone, Nano
I like macupdate.com links you directly to the site or file, no using mirrors. Just one less step.

OP
E

edge

It will work with any standard access points. For instance, I use my iBook with my existing Linksys WRT54G accesspoint/router. Works just fine.

It will also work with your printserver, NAS, etc. It's just a matter of learning how to set them up. For the printer, you'll need to use the printer setup util, located in Applications > Utilities.

For NAS, you can connect by using the finder's GO menu, and chosing Connect to Server. OS X supports AFP as well as SMB (if it's a Linux or Windows server without AFP support).

As far as web design, if you want a WYSIWYG editor, Dreamweaver is the way to go really. It works with both Mac and Windows OSs, and it stomps all over Frontpage. It's not free though.

Personally, I prefer to write my code by hand. I use the Taco HTML editor. Seriously, it's icon is a taco...what more could you want?! :p

Also, I would like to second (or third...whichever) iPhoto for pictures.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.