DVD burning problem

T

tjp12100

I am having trouble burning DVDs with my new macbook... I have used both toast and DVD2oneX2 and both of them will get through the entire burning process... However, freeze at 100 percent. The cdrom gets stuck and i cant eject the disk unless i restart.

If someone could help that would be awesome.. Thank you.

Tom

OP
T

tjp12100

Darrensen said:
ensure you update toast. I think its 7.0.2.

I am all updated...(I was putting it off thinking I didnt need to but it didnt seem to work) it says "Writting Lead Out" For the status of the burn. This happens after it has burned to the disk...

:) This is going to get expensive real fast trying diffrent ways to fix the problem.

Tom

Update:
So if I wait long enough I get an error message:

The drive reported an error:
Sense Key = MEDIUM ERROR
Sense Code = 0x02
NO SEEK COMPLETE

Anyones? The disks I am using are DVD-

Thank you,
Tom....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Unibody MBP 2.53, 4Gigs Ram, 320 HD, Snow Leopard, 500 Gig Time Capsule, 32 Gig White 3GS
mine works fine, except it is pretty touchy. I mean if I even move my MB a little bit I get an error. kinda sucks, but I have an external that I use, just use this one as emergency.

OP
S

Starfire

Maybe you are trying to fit to much on them, even though they say 4.7 gig, most I can ever fit is about 4.32ish.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i dont have no mac's
what brand disks are you using?

OP
T

tjp12100

coach_z said:
what brand disks are you using?

Im using Verbatum disks. So I was under the impression that it could only burn DVD - Disks. I, for fun, popped in one of my DVD + Disks and it burned just fine. I dont know what is up with that... :/

Thank you everyone for your help.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook
the brand of disks sometimes makes a big difference....try it with a few different types and brands

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i dont have no mac's
i always use +r media in my ppc powermac and everything always works fine

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.