ATV 4 question

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13 inch, 2020
There is a 32gb and 64 gb option now. Does this mean we can store movies directly on the device?

C

chas_m

I believe it is intended for apps, since movies would eat up all the space very quickly (64GB = about 10 HD movies). Whether it is *possible* to store movies directly I do not know.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 27" iMac, 1TB(partitioned) SSD, 20GB, OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan
And so says Apple at their store site:
"Choose between 32GB or 64GB of storage.
If you plan to use your Apple TV primarily to stream films, TV programmes and music, or to play a few apps and games, you’ll probably be fine with 32GB of storage. If you plan to download and use lots of apps and games, choose the 64GB configuration.1 Keep in mind when making your decision, that some apps, when in use, do require additional storage. "

It doesn't really say does it…???

EDIT:

And neither does a review who have had a demo unit to try:
http://www.cultofmac.com/393941/4th-generation-apple-tv-review/

Last edited:
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBookAir5,2:10.13.6-iMac18,3:10.13.6-iPhone9,3:11.4.1
The previous generation had, I believe, 8GB of flash storage. It was used in part to cache movies and the like so you can stop, resume and rewind and fast forward with less trouble. Perhaps it has a similar utility as well? I could see having several HD items in various states of play taking up space, in addition to saved games and other app-centric content.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.