Just little things

Reaction score
Is there anywhere I can see shortcut keys to certain tasks?

Since changing from a PC where I used shortcut keys all the time I feel using a mac could be faster. For example how to you select the whole address bar in Safari, instead I have to click it and highlight it all and put in a address. On ie or firefox I would just press F6.

If I place speakers next to my mac will it eventually damage the screen or inside components?

Reaction score
If you go to your System PReferences, under Keyboard and Mouse, hit the Keyboard Shortcuts Tab. You'll see all the systems keyboard shortcuts. Unfortunately, there's no Firefox-F6 styl command for Safari by default.

K

Kokopelli

How about <cmd> L? Is that what you are looking for?

I do not know of a way to find all shortcuts for all Applications. usually when I start using an app regularly I take a look through the menu options and see what commands I will find useful that have shortcuts. <CMD> L for instance i use in FF and Camino but I just tested it in Safari and it does what I think you want.

And no speakers should not cuase damage to your monitor if they are computer speakers (and if it is an LCD no worried at all).

K

Kettle

In addition to command+L, you can click the little icon in the address bar on the left of the link, or triple click the link itself. The triple click thing works for pretty much every text field as well.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 2.0ghz, Ibook G4 1.33ghz, Powerbook Lombard 333mhz
Kettle said:
In addition to command+L, you can click the little icon in the address bar on the left of the link, or triple click the link itself. The triple click thing works for pretty much every text field as well.

You can also use Command(Apple) A to Select All in the URL bar.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
HERE is Apples "official" list of shortcuts.

K

Kokopelli

There are a hundred ways to skin a cat (poor cat) but <CMD> L is the only one that does not require any use of the mouse, which is why I like it.

Triple click is a close second for most used method for me though.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.