Phone 4 iOS 7 is Contacts.app missing or just not included?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 27" iMac, 1TB(partitioned) SSD, 20GB, OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan
Phone 4 iOS 7 is Contacts.app missing or just not included?

My wife has possibly inherited a neighbor's old iPhone 4 to use and we set it up by using her iPad Backup, also using iOS 7.1.2

There is no sign of the Contacts.app icon on the iPhone and I cannot find any confirmation as to weather it should be or not. Even searching the 'net for images and having a look I see no sign of the Contacts.app icon showing, yet some sites make mention of it.

I finally got her list of contacts to show via the Phone.app, but unfortunately hardly a single phone number was included which seems was a common problem when I do a web search on the problem.

Using the one and the method in the Phone.app is a PITA, and pretty pathetic for an iDevice that's supposed to work as a smartphone and not have a proper easy to use phonebook.

So can anyone confirm if there should be a working Contacts.app icon on the iPhone or do I need to do a whole new install and restore?

Or is it actually installed but hiding somewhere that I haven't found yet??? :D

Last edited:

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
There was a Contacts app included as part of IOS 7 when running on the iPhone 4.

OP
pm-r
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 27" iMac, 1TB(partitioned) SSD, 20GB, OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan
There was a Contacts app included as part of IOS 7 when running on the iPhone 4.

Thanks Slydude,
Then I guess I need to do a new iOS Install Restore and Backup restore to make it available???

And why didn't it get installed using the backup from her iPad 2, also running iOS 7.1.2?? Hmmm…???

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.