User groups/Login items question

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2016 Macbook Pro 512g.15" 16g.ram Ipad2Air 64gb wifi+4g Iphone 6s 64gig
Ever since I have upgraded to El Capitan on my '09 MBP when I go to system preferences>user groups>Login items, it will not let me access it. I make sure that the padlock icon in unlocked. Then when I hit the back button in the upper Left hand corner I get the spinning beach ball for a bit before it returns to the main screen. Any Ideas? Thanks in advance.

M

MacInWin

That's how it works. What are you trying to accomplish? What is is you want to do?

OP
firesidedog
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I cannot access login items. I used to be able to before El Capitan. I want to change some of my login items.
That's how it works. What are you trying to accomplish? What is is you want to do?

M

MacInWin

System Preferences/Users and Groups, pick a user. In the right panel, select Login Items. Hasn't changed since at least Yosemite.

EDIT: One correction, you can only change the login of the account into which you have logged, so if you have multiples, you'll need to login to each and make the changes.

OP
firesidedog
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Okay I've got it. I don't know what I was thinking before.
System Preferences/Users and Groups, pick a user. In the right panel, select Login Items. Hasn't changed since at least Yosemite.

EDIT: One correction, you can only change the login of the account into which you have logged, so if you have multiples, you'll need to login to each and make the changes.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.