Google Sign-in problems - Page keeps refreshing before I can enter a password

Reaction score
Hi,

I've been having a problem signing in lately. I enter my username "[email protected]" and immediately, the page goes to a password entry, then back to asking for my username. I've found that if I'm really fast I can catch it before it refreshes, but this isn't normal at all. I'm running OS 10.10.5, Safari 9.0.

Thanks!
Michael

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2023-14" M3max MBPro, 64GB/1TB, iPhone 15 Pro, Watch Ultra
Are you signing into your gmail account or something else?

Lisa

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I tried it using Safari - which I have never done till now. I use Chrome because once I sign in using my gmail account it opens my YouTube account too.

I had no problem with it so I could not reproduce the problem. I am running El Capitan and Safari 9.0. I am not sure that makes any difference though.

Safari should offer to store your information in keychain. I do not use keychain - just a preference. If you do that could be causing issues too - and I am guessing here.

One suggestion you could try is to open Safari and clearing the history. It can't hurt.

Also if there is anyway you can check the remember me box that might help with it at least holding your gmail address.

Lisa

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro (2) 3.0GHz Quad-Core, 16GB Mem, GeForce 8800GT, (4)500GB Raid 0
I am having the very same problem under Safari 9.0 and El Capitan 10.11.

I am having the very same problem under Safari 9.0 and El Capitan 10.11. I sure wish I had a solution. I tried clearing history and cookies and made sure cookies where allowed.

Hi,

I've been having a problem signing in lately. I enter my username "[email protected]" and immediately, the page goes to a password entry, then back to asking for my username. I've found that if I'm really fast I can catch it before it refreshes, but this isn't normal at all. I'm running OS 10.10.5, Safari 9.0.

Thanks!
Michael

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I have a feeling this is a YouTube issue. After doing a bit of research I have found post starting as far back as 2010 of this very issue.

All the post I read said this is a cookie issue and you need to clear all your cookies and caches in what ever browser you are using, which I would suggest doing.

One step further I would try would be downloading Onyx and running the cleaning button - be sure to check the last option to have it delete cookies.

Lulu1595100

Reaction score
I am having a problem getting into my Google account ever time I go to sign it the password page refreshes before I can put in my password. Someone please help me

IWT

Reaction score
Born Scotland. Worked all over UK. Live in Wales
Your Mac's Specs
M2 Max Studio Extra, 32GB memory, 4TB, Sonoma 14.4.1 Apple 5K Retina Studio Monitor
@Lulu1595100

Firstly, a warm welcome to Mac-Forums.

As you are posting a question to a thread that is not far off 7 years old, may I suggest that you start a new thread. This will attract more attention.

Moreover, I think your problem is somewhat different from what was being discussed.

And when you do, could you please include the Mac model, year, and Operating System (OS)? The more info we have, the sooner we can help:):)

Ian

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.