mac is requiring network pw to install network printer

Reaction score
my printer is on a win 10 pc which is on a home network (WORKGROUP) with a mac and a win 7 pc. *whenever i try to install a network printer on the mac, it wants a UN *& *PW. *what PW is it looking for? *the only PW's i have ever set up is a login PW (which is the same for all 3). *this PW doesn't work. *

i'm a little confused: which one is requiring the PW - the win 10 pc or the mac. *would this pw be in my mac keychain ? *i had a similar issue with the two pc's requiring a pw b4 it would allow me to share files between them and i had to turn off *the pw protected sharing on both of them. *is there a way to turn off pw protected sharing on the mac, so that it will allow me to install a network printer on the mac ?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
G'day and welcome to the forums.

You have a paswsord on Network which you used when you used the browser URL (198.168.0.1 or similar depending on the router) when you set up your Network accounts. Suggest getting the printer working via USB first up.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.