• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Web Designer looking for advice

T

Tige

Hello everyone,

I am a web developer who is looking for some mac related advice. Here is the scenario. My client, and his staff, all run Macs and access the internet using Safari or IE for Mac. The site is built with ASP and runs off of a windows server. They would like to have a mailing list manager installed that has the ability to compose HTML newsletters online. The issue we are running into is with the online WYSIWYG HTML editors that come with many of the mailing list applications. Simply put, the Mac based browsers don't seem to like the technology... very twitchy...

So, the question is... can anyone tell me more about what kinds of WYSIWYG online HTML editors work well with a Mac OS running Safari or IE?

Or, do any Mac owners out there operate an online newsletter mailing list manager with the capacity to generate HTML formatted newsletters?

Or, is there a browser for Mac (or an upgrade...) that will work well with these kinds of editors?

Thank you any help you can offer me.

Tige Johnson

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro, 8-Core 2.8Ghz, 10GB RAM, 2x1TB HDDs, iPod U2 Edition
Moxicode as a WYSIWYG component called TinyMCE that is moderately stable on Safari... But I don't know that I would trust it for a company wide solution if everyone still wants to use Safari. Full Safari support for TinyMCE is in the works but it will be awhile before it matures according to what I have seen and used.

As far as I am aware, wwitching to use FireFox as your browser is your best bet... at least at this point. I have my clients use it with my heavily modified version of TinyMCE and it works great.

OP
T

Tige

I suggested to my clients that they install the most recent version of Firefox and it worked. Thanks for the suggestion. I am grateful for forums such as these and for the folks on them who share their knowledge so freely.

Many thanks,
Tige

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.