iPhoto keyword question

Reaction score
Hi

I am in the process of assigning keywords to 10,000+ photos in my iPhoto and am making good progress. I do have a question. When I do a search in the window at the bottom of the screen and click on a particular keyword it presents the files as events and not individual photos. Is there a setting to have them presented as individual photos?

Thank you

poppi

Reaction score
I start by going to the View menu and set it to sort the way I want the pictures to show. Then go to Search at the bottom like you have been doing but don't type in the keyword you want, click on the tiny arrow beside the magnifying glass and select the Keyword you want there and it should show you the photos in the order you selected for sorting. if you just type in the keyword it will show you the Events the photos are in and the number of photos in that Event.

OP
P
Reaction score
I start by going to the View menu and set it to sort the way I want the pictures to show. Then go to Search at the bottom like you have been doing but don't type in the keyword you want, click on the tiny arrow beside the magnifying glass and select the Keyword you want there and it should show you the photos in the order you selected for sorting. if you just type in the keyword it will show you the Events the photos are in and the number of photos in that Event.

Thanx Pomeroy. I thought that was how I was doing it but now it worked. I like to sort my photos by date so left it set that way, followed your instructions and it worked beautifully. Thanx again

poppi

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.