I need help troubleshooting Cyberduck, please

Reaction score
Hello all,

I recently began hosting a website (or at least trying to) using GoDaddy.com. The files I want to upload to GoDaddy are .html and .css files I have written in TextEdit. I purchased the FTP, Cyberduck, from the Mac app store in order to transfer these files from my desktop to GoDaddy.com. I attempted to configure Cyberduck by downloading the "FTP configuration file" and running it. Doing this generated an error telling me the network connection was being blocked. So, I went into my Mac preferences and allowed Cyberduck through my firewall. I also went to the "Advanced" page of my Network Settings and selected FTP Proxy. Now I am given this error message when I retried downloading and running the "FTP configuration file":

"Connection failed: Ftp.peakantennas.com. The connection attempt was rejected. The server may be down, or your network may not be properly configured."

I think the problem is probably how my network is configured, but I do not know what to change in order to fix the problem.

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
GoDaddy's FTP servers are not the same as your own. In other words, GD's FTP servers are hosted on domains that aren't your own.

If you go to your account control panel (or whatever it's called - I haven't used it in a while), there should be a section on the right with FTP settings. Have you tried configuring CD manually using those settings?

OP
D
Reaction score
I went to my control panel and opened up the FTP accounts page. Are the two special accounts that GoDaddy automatically set up for me the accounts you reference in your first paragraph? If so, does that mean I need to add an FTP account?

In the special accounts section under the actions column, I clicked Configure FTP client and was given this information:

FTP Username: dmdawson3
FTP server: ftp.peakantennas.com
FTP & explicit FTPS port: 21

I then opened Cyberduck and manually typed all that information into the open connection tab and still get the aforementioned error message.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.