iPad update frozen

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
OS-X Yosemite iMac, 4GB memory, 2.4 GHz Intel Processor
Today I tried to update my iPad to the latest OS. After some time it became obvious that the update had stuck as nothing had happened for hours. I knew that I should not disconnect the iPad, but I became frustrated after hours of waiting with nothing further happening. Then I found that there was no way I could power off the iPad. Now when I connect the iPad to my Mac and open iTunes, it cannot find the iPad. Any suggestions, please?

Last edited:
C

chas_m

Of course you could power off the iPad by simply holding the sleep/wake and home buttons together for a few seconds. Having said that, it might not have been any better an idea. At this point, however, you have nothing to lose. Hope you remembered to backup your iPad BEFORE you started the iOS update, as anyone should before doing any major update.

OP
P
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
OS-X Yosemite iMac, 4GB memory, 2.4 GHz Intel Processor
Hi, Chas. Thanks for this. It looks as if the problem is resolved - currently a restore is finishing up.
Regards,
Clyde.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.