El Capitan

Reaction score
Since installing El Capitan my computer demands a password before I can start using it.
Is there a way to delete the password?
Also, I have 2 external drives connected. Every time after I have been in Sleep mode, messages come up that I did not eject the drives correctly. This did not happen in Yosemite.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
Since installing El Capitan my computer demands a password before I can start using it.
Is there a way to delete the password?

You don't want to delete the password, but you can set your Mac to auto-login.
http://victorleungtw.com/el-capitan/

Also, I have 2 external drives connected. Every time after I have been in Sleep mode, messages come up that I did not eject the drives correctly. This did not happen in Yosemite.

Read the discussion linked below. Basically, it's best to use a hard drive enclosure that is specifically compatible with the sleep functions of OS X. Whatever drives you are using may be badly designed to account for a new OS X version. You should check to see if there is a firmware update for your drives.
http://forums.macrumors.com/threads/new-external-hdd-ejects-on-sleep-help.1219064/

C

chas_m

yadillah: no, there is no way to delete the password. You can, however, have the computer boot up and log you in automatically. That's an option in your user account preferences.

Another thing you can do is stop logging out so much. Just put the machine to sleep.

The external drives are going to sleep because the computer is sleeping. Is it possible you had previously set only "display sleep" in your previous Yosemite setup and that has been changed?

Reaction score
I have the same thing occurring after I updgraded to el captian. My Lacie drive which was fine with Yosemite is ejecting by itself plus now I am getting the below error:

OS X CANT REPAIR THE DISK LACIE

YOU CAN STILL OPEN OR COPY FILES ON THE DISK, BUT YOU CANT SAVE CHANGES TO FILES ON THE DISK. BACK UP THE DISK AND REFORMAT IT AS SOON AS YOU CAN.

Any suggestions.

EOGMAMA

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.