Cannot access iCloud after installing El Capitan

Reaction score
Good afternoon users,

I have a problem: after installing El Capitan the iCloud account I had in mail disappeared. I tried to check my iCloud webmail, but I received the message "a verification email has been sent to ......my iCloud account which I cannot access..... check your email for instructions for verifying your account ". The result is I cannot check emails by using Mail and I cannot check online. I can access iCloud settings and changed the secondary email. I received the verification email and clicked the link. The result is the same: I cannot connect. If I try to re-create the account in Mail, after choosing iCloud and entering my Apple Id and password nothing happens. I tried from system preferences to deactivate and reactivate the iCloud account, everything seems fine, but still I cannot access my mail.

Any suggestion?

Thank you

OP
M
Reaction score
I've just noticed all the meetings and calendar events disappeared. So are the customised signatures I used in Mail... terrible!

I thought to reformulate the question in a shorter way: is there a way to access online my iCloud account? I remember username and password but the message is I have to check and click the verification email I received in the account I cannot access. Is there a way to manually add the account in Mail since the guided procedure does not work?

Thank you again

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2 iMacsOSX13.6.4;10.13.6;iPhone SE2 17.3.1;SE1 15.8;iPadMini15.8;iPadAir 2 15.8
Go to Settings/Internet Accounts; click on iCloud keychain then tick options including Mail. Job done.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2023-14" M3max MBPro, 64GB/1TB, iPhone 15 Pro, Watch Ultra
I am not sure if this will help but, to access your online account just type in your web browser iCloud and either click on the google link or, in my case, it just comes up. You need your apple id. I do not use my iCloud email as my apple id and I am not sure if that is part of your issue.

I would suggest checking your System preferences -> iCloud and see what is checked or unchecked as the case may be. I have not had issues with El Capitan but I have it on an non-essential macbook and not on my main ones yet.

Lisa

C

chas_m

I have heard about a problem similar to this. Let us know if you can't alter the settings of the iCloud control panel in OS X and I can probably guide you from there.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.