newb questions.... :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 2.0ghz, Ibook G4 1.33ghz, Powerbook Lombard 333mhz
synthemesc said:
soooo, i made the switch a few days ago and it takes some getting used to.. i was wondering...

is there a good peer-to-peer bittorrent program out there for mac? I'm using FrostWire and well.... bleh.

is there a way to rename your computer? (please tell me there is...)

is safari better than firefox, or any other good browser?

is there someway to make the mouse ball button open the link to whatever you clicked on in a tab, as in firefox?

is there any way to make the side buttons on the mighty mouse to go forward and back in a browser?

thank youuuuu

1. I have also used Azerus and it is a very easy to use program.

2. To change the name of your computer, go to System Preferences, Sharing, and at the top you should see Computer's Name. (I am pretty sure this changes the computer's name for everything not just for Sharing, but I may be wrong. EDIT: This may not be what your looking for also since it doesn't change the name of the Home folder)

3. I personally have never gotten use to Firefox, there are several features that I liked, such as the ability to change what the built in search bar uses to search, IMDB, Google, Yahoo etc. Other than that I didn't notice that big of difference in speed and I found that I never used any of the add ons besides changing the look of Firefox to a more Safari look. But overall I prefer Safari.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.