• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

mail programmes

K

Kreza

which mail programmes do you guys use, i am using outlook (not express) but i am trying to use the least amount of MS on my ibook, so i will need word, excel, powerpoint e.t.c for college, but i wanted to use a purely mac mail software, does OSX panther come with a good mail client? i just want a good mac one nothing stupid with lots of backgrounds and smilies e.t.c.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
Mail.app is the most stable mail program with amazing junk filters. its a lot like Outlook Express very bareboned to get the job done.

OP
K

Kreza

trpnmonkey41 said:
Mail.app is the most stable mail program with amazing junk filters. its a lot like Outlook Express very bareboned to get the job done.

does it come built in, like mac standard? with panther?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
Yes its standard on macs

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.8GHz G5 512mb Ram
It's usually in your dock upon installation, it's the one that looks like a stamp with an eagle picture.

Search in finder for Mail.app

sKaD

OP
K

Kreza

sKaD said:
It's usually in your dock upon installation, it's the one that looks like a stamp with an eagle picture.

Search in finder for Mail.app

sKaD

thankyou so much, do you know what x launch is, and can you add and take away anything from your dock at any time?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.8GHz G5 512mb Ram
I don't know what x launch is but yes you can add and remove things from your dock.

If you want to add something to your dock either drag the program you want added into the dock. Or if the program is running, right click the icon in the dock and click on "Keep in dock" or similar.

To remove items just drag the icon from the dock out of the dock then let go, it will vanish in a puff of smoke.

sKaD

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.