Adding Tiger and WinXP to 2007 MBP

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBookPro 11,2 <--DAW!!!
I'm going back in time... :Cool:

I have an extra 2007 MBP and I would like to install Tiger and a BootCamp partition of Win XP.
The reason I want to do this is to be able to use older Mac apps and Windows programs for my SCSI (via USB) music gear.

Is this a good idea? Thanks in advance.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Boot Camp will not work with Tiger. The oldest version of OS X that you can use Boot Camp with is Leopard.

OP
JUKE179r
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Hey chscag...
I've heard that too but I there was a Boot Camp beta app for Tiger. The app has since expired unless you turn back your date and time on your Mac to 2007.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
That version of Boot Camp was a beta and besides, turning back the clock on your Mac can lead to other troubles. But it's your party. ;D

OP
JUKE179r
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
My bad... I should have added that once you install the beta version you can readjust to a current date and time.

I'm doing more searching and found an app called Chubby Bunnies Classic 9 that can run older apps on Intel Macs. This looks like something I might try.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
I'm doing more searching and found an app called Chubby Bunnies Classic 9 that can run older apps on Intel Macs. This looks like something I might try.

This thread is getting a bit confusing. Just as a review…there are three kinds of Macintosh Apps (in ascending order of vintage):

- OS 9 and before Apps
- PowerPC Apps
- Intel Apps

Earlier in the thread installing Tiger was mentioned & running older apps. Since this is on a 2007 MacBook Pro…I assumed "older apps" meant PowerPC apps. But now "Classic 9" apps was mentioned. So by older apps…do you mean OS 9 apps or PowerPC apps. OS 9 apps is REALLY going back in time (just trying to be sure).:)

- Nick

p.s. Technically there are other sorts of apps. Namely "hybrid apps". Such as apps that span the hardware transitions…such as the transition from PowerPC to Intel hardware. I only mention this since I know someone somewhere out there was bound to bring this up!;)

Last edited:
C

chas_m

With a name like Chubby Bunnies I would think there's a really good chance that's malware, or at the very very least illegal. The technology needed to make Mac OS 9 run on an Intel Mac is considerable, and requires bits you have to extract from an older Mac yourself to be even marginally allowable, so my advice on that is to investigate it REALLY thoroughly.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
'Chubby Bunnies' sounds like cradom's bunny IS taking over the world.

The only thing I have ever heard called that is a game. See who can stuff the most marshallows in their face without gagging or, of course, asphyxiating!

OP
JUKE179r
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
The more I'm searching for older Mac apps to use with SCSI drives and connections, the more I'm seeing that a bunch of these apps don't work on Intel systems.

I'm just trying to see if a good idea to configure an 2007 MBP 3,2 to use these older SCSI apps... PPC, OS9 and Intel apps.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Any being that wants world domination nis up to no good and should be packed with herb and bacon stuffing and baked and served with baked potatoes and rich, brown gravy.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.