Iphone backups missing?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 2.4Ghz, ipod classic 160gb, iphone4 16gb, imac g4, ipod 2nd gen 40gb
I was freeing up space on my Macbook, and I think I accidentally/stupidly deleted my OH's iPhone back-ups using daisydisk. I discovered this, when restoring a new iPhone from old back ups, but the most recent was June, but there should have been more recent ones. Everything is backed up to a Timecapsule, but I just don't know where to find them. Main thing I need to get is photographs that were not imported to Photos. Any ideas how I can find this data?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Try looking here:

Macintosh HD/Users/your user name/Library/iTunes/iPhone Software Updates/

If you're using a version of OS X later than Snow Leopard, you'll need to unhide your user library first.

OP
J
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 2.4Ghz, ipod classic 160gb, iphone4 16gb, imac g4, ipod 2nd gen 40gb
Great thanks. How do I unhide my library on my timecapsule??? Also it is old backups I'm looking for, am I right to assume they'll be in the same location?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
The backup location should be in the same place as that has not changed since iOS 7. You can unhide your library the same way as you would when using the Finder. (Hold down your Option key and click on "Go" and then on "Go to Folder", and finally your user library.)

OP
J
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Ok, so this isn't happening for me. I'm not great at these sort of things. When I have my Time Machine window open, holding down option does nothing, therefore I can't find the library.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
You first need to select a backup that you wish to use. When that particular backup opens, it resembles a Finder window. That's where you apply the instructions for unhiding your user's library.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.