Airport Express Question...

Reaction score
I bought new iMac 20" Intel in January. I set up the computer as soon as i brought it home in about 5 minutes time and was amazed at just that. Anyway, during setup I chose "default" as my network because I did not have internet at the time - I just got it. As it turns out, someone in my apartment bldg must have a wireless router, because I was on the internet right off the bat. Now, I must admit, I called and cancelled my Internet order (I'm still dealing with my conscience) .

My question - I plugged in my airport express and hooked my powered speakers to it. I got through the setup and it found "default" as my network. iTunes even shows me the choice of 'Computer' or 'Living Room' as my speaker output location. The speakers work fine connected to the computer but i experience "drop-out" when using wirelessly. I've called Applecare twice and both times i think i got a rookie. COULD THE SOUND DROP OUT BE RELATED TO THE "DEFAULT" NETWORK SIGNAL - maybe I'm right on the edge of it's range - I'm just trying to guess of a reason 'cause the speakers are fine.

Reaction score
I think that this may be a software issue. Update Airport card software and Airport Express software from the Apple Support site.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.