Weather widget question

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2016 MacBook (m5), 2013 macbook pro retina 15", 2009 MBP non retina 13", 2014 21" iMac
Hello,

Im running Mavericks on my MacBook Pro 10.9.5 and I noticed today when i went into the Dashboard that i have a problem trying to add a new weather widget.

I clicked the "+" sign and then the "i" on the weather widget. Then i tried to type in a different location and it kept saying "location not found". I tried Las Vegas and Los Angeles and neither worked.

Have you had an issue with this or heard of a problem with the weather widget?

thanks so much for your help,

best always,

rick

Reaction score
Mine has also been broken for the past week. Very annoying.

I can only think they have disabled the feed to drum up business for paid weather apps.

Unfortunately for them, this fish isn't biting.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
Did you try to add a different one to see if that would work? Test it out, then delete it if it loads. If it doesn't work, that could rule out corruption with the particular widget you want. Then my next step would be to go looking for a plist for Widget.

Reaction score
Yes, tried adding other cities but only get 'no cities found'. Default additions are Cupertino, CA but weather data is out-of-date. Can add and delete widgets at will but data feed is absent.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
I meant adding a totally different widget. It's not clear to me that you interpreted my post that way or if you're saying you've added another city within the same Widget. Doing the latter does not rule out a corruption in that Widget's plist file.

Reaction score
This seems to be a Yahoo server problem ... https://discussions.apple.com/thread/7217689

I tried trashing my library's weather widget plist but no use. I don't like to patronise companies with poor service like this. If down a few days, okay -- but this has been broken for over a week!

Any other free weather widgets that will meld with a Mac's existing ones?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.