Where are my icons?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13 Inch, 2 Mac Mini's 1.66 & 1.83, 2- iMac Intel i3 iPhone 4 & iPad 2 32 gig.
I downloaded some different folder icons, but where do I put them so I can access them to change some of the stock folder icons?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i dont have no mac's
you are going to need a program like shapeshifter or candy bar to change your icons or you can do it manually. it should have downloaded them to your desktop. i dont really understand your question but there have been many threads on this just search around
-chris

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ibook G4, 1.5gb RAM, 40gb HDD
I think you are asking this: how do i change my icon after DLing a new one? If that's it I can walk you through it.

Ok, let's assume you DLd a new powerbook icon to change HD icon on your desktop. Find the icon you want to replace the HD one with, ctrl click it, then select get info. In that window you will see the icon in the top left corner. Click on then press Command+C.

Now ctrl click the HD, go to get info, and select that icon in the top left corner. Now just press Command+V and you have a new icon for your HD.

Hope that helps.

OP
Dillinger-63
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13 Inch, 2 Mac Mini's 1.66 & 1.83, 2- iMac Intel i3 iPhone 4 & iPad 2 32 gig.
munch said:
I think you are asking this: how do i change my icon after DLing a new one? If that's it I can walk you through it.

Ok, let's assume you DLd a new powerbook icon to change HD icon on your desktop. Find the icon you want to replace the HD one with, ctrl click it, then select get info. In that window you will see the icon in the top left corner. Click on then press Command+C.

Now ctrl click the HD, go to get info, and select that icon in the top left corner. Now just press Command+V and you have a new icon for your HD.

Hope that helps.

Thanks, I'll give that a try. As a prior Windows user you copy any icons to the icons folder buried within Windows and that is it. I thought that there might be an, "Icons" folder in OS-X to do the same.

I tried your suggestion, but apparently I'm doing something wrong.
Isn't there a way to copy all of the icons I downloaded into one folder so they are centrally located?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.