iTunes Match Problems

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21 M1 Pro 14" MBP, 23 M2 Pro Mac Mini (MacOS 14), iPhone 15 Pro Max (iOS 17), iPad 6 (iPadOS 17)
I have an issue with iTunes and iTunes Match.

All my music is stored natively on my iMac and I use iTunes Match to access my music on my MBA, iPhone and Apple TV 3.

However, I am encountering the following:

On my iMac, in the iTunes sidebar it states that I have 911 albums and a total of 7304 songs. When I access iTunes match from other devices not all the albums or songs are present. On my MBA the iTunes sidebar states I have 658 albums and 6216 songs. An examination of the sidebar shows whole artists, albums and individual songs missing. It appears that the same items are missing across my MBA, iPhone and ATV.

Also, although I haven’t been able to check this thoroughly, it appears that the missing items are purchases.

I’ve tried logging out and back in to iTunes on all devices, updating the iCloud library and hitting ITunes Match in the iTunes store. Nothing seems to work!!

I do not subscribe to Apple’s or anyone else’s Music service.

I’m running Ox 10.10.5 on my iMac and MBA, IOS 9 on my phone (although this problem persisted in IOS 8 as well) and the latest software on my ATV.

Any ideas?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.