Please answer question about Mirroring

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro Mac OSX 10.58 Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo Processor Speed: 2.26 GHz Memo
I hope someone comes by and offers their thoughts. I've been wanting to ask this for ages.

I open my Macbook Pro.

I go to Xfinity.com and log in.

I then use Airplay to watch/mirror Comcast shows to my HDTV/Apple TV.

BUT...

I can't do it with my iPhone or iPad. When I try to mirror, I get a prompt on Apple TV saying We're sorry. Because of security protocols specified by our network partners, you can only enjoy this great show on your mobile device.

So that's strange. Why can I do it on my computer but not mobile devices? Mirroring works with other stuff on iPad/phone, but not Comcast. I almost think it's a mistake of some sort, and I'm not supposed to be able to do it on my computer either.

I tried Googling this but it's hard to find the right results.

Any thoughts?

Thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
rMBP i7 mid 2012 macOS 10.12
I suggest it's something to do with licensing of content.

I use UltraViolet/Flixster to watch digital content supplied with BluRay disks. When I connect my Mac to my TV via HDMI and attempt to move the movie player to the big screen, it blanks out and gives a message along the lines of "Unauthorized display".

Since just about everyone these days has a smartphone, its probably an attempt to limit the portability of movies/TV shows.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.