bt broadband vs panther

M

mrdunn236

hi-totally new boy to this-treat me nice!
i am running a g4-panther 10.3-and have found out through bt that 10.3 is not supported with their voyager 100 modem and drivers-and thereis no intention to release new drivers-software till summer 2004!-
does anyone have an idea how i can use the bt broadband line with the new panther os-
do i need an ethernet-router-can someone explain what i need-would be good to be able to use two macs on this line-is that possible-
yours
green,
gary

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.8GHz G5 512mb Ram
Just get a different cable modem that will work with your provider. Call them and ask what different modems they support.

sKaD

OP
J

jonnyturner

hi there, this is my first post (just bought a cheap mac to learn some more on)

i actually work for BT broadband's tech support dept. so if you want to chat then feel free to email me and ill help you out (without having to ring the national rate number lol)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.8GHz G5 512mb Ram
jonnyturner said:
hi there, this is my first post (just bought a cheap mac to learn some more on)

i actually work for BT broadband's tech support dept. so if you want to chat then feel free to email me and ill help you out (without having to ring the national rate number lol)

:rolleyes:

As if he didn't already ask the question he needed help to.

i am running a g4-panther 10.3-and have found out through bt that 10.3 is not supported with their voyager 100 modem and drivers-and thereis no intention to release new drivers-software till summer 2004!-
does anyone have an idea how i can use the bt broadband line with the new panther os-
do i need an ethernet-router-can someone explain what i need-would be good to be able to use two macs on this line-is that possible

sKaD

OP
J

jonnyturner

"As if he didn't already ask the question he needed help to"

Yeah i see that but i thought he'd benefit from an actual chat through a messaging program rather than waiting for contnual and delayed threads from me.

and in reply then. no 10.3 is not officially supported although it *may* work!, i have installed it on several 10.3 machines and its worked fine, but obviously you dont want to order it on the offchance of it working!

If you want my honest advice then id forget the voyager, plus of course its not much use if you want to share your connection between 2 macs.

Basically you can use any router that supports 10.30, be it wireless or wired. BT also make a decent wireless router, the voyager 2000, i'm not sure offhand wether it supports 10.3 so you'd have to check.

in general my advice owuld be to just fnd a router that you are certain will work with 10.3, there should be plenty out there, and these guys will know tons more about compatible hardware than me.

also, did you check www.pipex.net? thats who i use (traitor) but theyre a fair bit cheaper than BT

OP
A

Andynineteen

Im currently using an imac with panther 10.3, and we had BT broadband installed last week, it worked fine with the voyager 100. we have now switched to a netgear router, but we encountered no problems with the voyager.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.