Sky Go on my iMac and MS Silverlight

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air M1 2020 Ventura 13.4.1 500Gb 8Gb. iPhone12, Watch 5, HomePods.
Hello,
Just a quick question hoping that someone can help.

I've revisited my Sky account and note that I still have Sky Go activated but no Silverlight installed. Does anyone know if the current iteration of Silverlight is stable on Yosemite ?

Cheers,
Liam

Edit I guess not. I just did the download and installed it. I'm hoping that this isn't it but I fear so, it may be delayed authorisation. I believe Netflix have dropped Silverlight and Yosemite has the HTML5 viewing capability already in it so this Sky thing is not good!

Screen Shot 2015-09-02 at 19.09.55.png

Last edited:
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
The problem Liam may be like our Foxtel down under,Sky only use strictly Windows trained technicians because of their partnership with our National Carrier Telstra. Hence Silverlight.

OP
P
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air M1 2020 Ventura 13.4.1 500Gb 8Gb. iPhone12, Watch 5, HomePods.
How nice to hear from you Harry.

I just tried to access my Sky Go after leaving it all night and it's bringing an error message up saying there's a problem before I even get to the listings page! It is a bit of a mess, not only that ,I've always found Sky's portal absolutely awful, it seems to be full of springs and traps and log in loops. If it's not working by close of play today I'll uninstall Silverlight and forget all about Sky Go for now.

Something is nattering away at me though about how I stand with the Sale of Goods Act that we have here in the UK and my Sky contract. Arguably my service is 'not of satisfactory quality' or 'fit for purpose' so it's possible that technically they are in breach.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Good luck mate. You should know the problems are ALWAYS at the user's end lol!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.