Powerpoint 2011 14.5.4 on OSX 10.9.5 freezes when dragging the windows around

Reaction score
I am working on powerpoint with the static guide view turned on, when I drag the powerpoint window to move it around, the screen freezes. When the static guide is turned off, i can drag the window and move around without any problems. Help please

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2023-14" M3max MBPro, 64GB/1TB, iPhone 15 Pro, Watch Ultra
What is the year and model of your mac? Also how full is the hard drive? How much memory is installed? Is this a recent occurrence or has this always been the case?

I tried exactly what you are doing and had no issues. It is possible the install of powerpoint is corrupt. It is also possible that the video driver is at fault or the video card is going bad. Or the hard drive too full and not allowing enough room for swapping.

If it were me - I would at minimum run disk utilities and check the hard drive and permissions by restarting and holding down the Command + R keys. I also love Onyx for cleaning up my system caches and getting the junk out.
I would suggest upgrading to Yosemite 10.10.5 (not saying it will help but it might fix a video driver corruption.) If that did not fix it, would reinstall powerpoint. Or you could reverse it and reinstall powerpoint first. This is all assuming it isn't because the hard drive is too full.

Let us know what you find out.

Lisa

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.