Mac Forums web site now useable on iPhone

Rod

Reaction score
Melbourne, Australia and Ubud, Bali, Indonesia
Your Mac's Specs
2021 M1 MacBook Pro 14" macOS 14.4.1, Mid 2010MacBook 13" iPhone 13 Pro max, iPad 6, Apple Watch SE.
Wow! I know there has been lots of talk about the new web site format but, forgive me if I'm slow, I just discovered the new iPhone web site skin. I gave up clicking the email links to replies a long time ago because the web site was unusable on an iPhone but that meant doing a search for the post on the app in order to reply. Today I clicked the link just to see what others had said on a topic and here I am writing my first post on my iPhone. I had always lamented being unable to do this on the app. Now if I could just attach a photo.....

OP
Rod

Rod

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2021 M1 MacBook Pro 14" macOS 14.4.1, Mid 2010MacBook 13" iPhone 13 Pro max, iPad 6, Apple Watch SE.
Well it's almost working, fine for connecting from email links and possible to write a new post but difficult to navigate due to some partial rendering issues on the home page. See below, this is what I get in Safari, it's even worse in Opera Mini.

IMG_0034.PNG

OP
Rod

Rod

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Ohoh! This is embarrassing I just realised I have to rotate and view in landscape mode to see subheadings. Don't mind me, I'll just shut up and explore a little more thoroughly before posting complaints.:Oops:

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I gave up on that a long time ago Rod. That's why we have the Mac-Forums iOS app. Navigating the forums (or any forum) using your iPhone is fatiguing and error prone. On an iPad, yes, iPhone no. You were doing OK using the Mac-Forums iOS app, why switch? ;D

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
I gave up on that a long time ago Rod. That's why we have the Mac-Forums iOS app. Navigating the forums (or any forum) using your iPhone is fatiguing and error prone. On an iPad, yes, iPhone no. You were doing OK using the Mac-Forums iOS app, why switch? ;D
Unfortunately, I'm forced to conclude that one or more of the following must be at work:
1. He's a glutton for punishment.
2. Secretly beta testing a new thought-controlled iPone slated for imminent release. :Cool:
3. Potent adult beverages.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.