Problem with flash....

A

AaronHawn

Hello MacForums,
I just purchased a Mac Mini 1.66ghz Core Duo with a gig of ram and such, and I am quite pleased with it. What I am not pleased with is the performence of Safari and Firefox. I downloaded Firefox right after I got it online and everything worked great, until I installed Flash8. Now Safari and Camino dont recognize a flash plug in but Firefox does....and suggestions? I've downloaded and installed the plug in again, and still no dice.

Thanks in advance,
Aaron

Reaction score
There are two Internet Plug-in folders, one in the user's library, and one in that of the drive or partition. A couple of years ago I had Flash problems that cleared up when I discovered there were plug-ins in both folders. I moved them all to the partition's folder, though I don't suppose it matters which contains them — the duplicates probably were the problem. As I recall, one version of Flash was older than the other, so a conflict probably caused the trouble.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.