• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

An idea I've got for a Videocast...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Powerbook G4/ 15.2"/ 1.67 ghz/ 2 gb RAM/ ATI Mobility Radeon 9700 (128 mb RAM)/ 100 gb hdd@ 5400 RPM
When Podcasting blew up, the first thing I said to myself (like many others) was "I have to have one of these". The question was: what do I put in it? Anyone notice the sheer amount of crap on the iTunes Podcast section? So I've been pondering...

A few minutes ago, I was sitting in the kitchen, staring at the open fridge, trying to think of something to eat. And then I noticed something: I like cheese, I like Goldfish, and ****it, mustard ads a good kick to anything. So I threw the three together, slam it in the microwave, and vua-la, midnight snack. So I thought to myself, 'hmm... I could do this for that podcasting thing..."

So I got to thinking. It has no name. Basically, the format will be me and a friend (or me working alone, whatever works). We/ I open the fridge, and grab whatever is in there. No shopping trips. No prep time. No oven being pre-set to 350º F. Just throwing together what's in the fridge. It may sound stupid, but really, who the **** wants to put that much effort into cooking? I'm not trying to knock it, but really, how many times have you sat in front of the fridge, dumbfounded at the amount of food in there that you seem to have absolutely no use for?

Feedback appreciated.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White 2ghz Core Duo Macbook, 2ghz RAM, 60gb Hard drive, SuperDrive
The number one rule to a good podcast is:
people will watch if you can convince them to watch.

Frankly, I'm not convinced.

This would be a hilarious comedy, and if so, I'm all for it. I however, will not watch a cooking show. Define your content. Give good examples. Make it funny. I think you have awesome ideas, just need to find a partner and get it going. Convince me to watch your podcast, get the podcast out, and I'll be your #1 fan.

It really doesn't matter what the content is, you just need to get some watchers. Convince me to be interested in your contest.

Your turn.

Reaction score
I agree in the point of making it funny, but keep it edible.

For what I can see, I see potential in this. Some great one. Because it would be a fnny show, and would give us the nudge to try certain things.
You could go to fridges you don't know what is inside and grab the stuff there. Like any friends fridge, the fridge of an Indian family, the fridge at school or your neighbours.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Powerbook G4 • 24" iMac • iPhone 3Gs
Make recipes with Ramen noodles and I'd watch it. I have about 200 packs that I can't bring myself to stomach anymore. (Ahh bachelorhood ;) )

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White 2ghz Core Duo Macbook, 2ghz RAM, 60gb Hard drive, SuperDrive
surfwax95 said:
Make recipes with Ramen noodles and I'd watch it. I have about 200 packs that I can't bring myself to stomach anymore. (Ahh bachelorhood ;) )

They're only 68% of your daily sodium value each day..

But it's only 10 Cents! (7 if you have your MVP Card)

Pierre

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro 3.0Ghz 16GB RAM, 4x256 Vid, 30''cinema display
The easiest way to make something funny is to not try. But, you have to be careful you don't make it suck.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.