What's wrong with my MSN Messenger ???

S

sassy_sgcouple

Hi all, please help !

Have been searching high and low for answers.. and i really hope I can find them here.

Both my Powerbooks (G4) are running the latest version of MSN messenger (ver 5.5.1)

But whenever I start the application, they keep on disconnecting after a minute (or sometimes even less!). I have checked and double checked all the configurations of the firewall, proxies, etc... but everything seems to be ok. I can start the program fine.. but it just keeps on disconnecting - with a messege that the 'system is unavailable and you have been logged out'.

What is going on? Can someone help please? Has anyone encountered this problem before ?

Thanks in advance !

cheers,

Olivia C.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Intel 20" Mac
I had this same problem a week ago (i am running latest version on Intel) and that finally stopped after a while. Now it won't let me sign in at all. The MSN servers are up and running it said.

Must be some kind of Mac/Messenger problem. Its not just you.

Very annoying and frusterating.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.