Greetings y'all!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.0
Yes, I've come to the dark side! After decades of being a Microsoft Goon, I finally got fed up and ordered myself an MBP. I presume I'll be flooding the forum with all sorts of dumb questions soon. Great to meet you folks!

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
Congrats on your new system purchase. :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Intel Core solo Mac mini 1.5GHz, Headless Powerbook G4 500MHz
Welcome To M-F, And btw here its the light side,lol

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13" | MacBook Pro 13" | Mac Mini 2GHz C2D
welcome to the forums. what is all the alphabet soup in your sig?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Powerbook G4/ 15.2"/ 1.67 ghz/ 2 gb RAM/ ATI Mobility Radeon 9700 (128 mb RAM)/ 100 gb hdd@ 5400 RPM
AlienDNA said:
Yes, I've come from the dark side! After decades of being a Microsoft Goon, I finally got fed up and ordered myself an MBP. I presume I'll be flooding the forum with all sorts of dumb questions soon. Great to meet you folks!

Fixed.

Seriously though, welcome to MacForums, glad to see more switchers. If you have any questions about the forums, feel free to ask.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP- 2.4GHz (13-inch), 8GB, 250GB; Mac mini 2.0, 2GB, 120GB HD; 2017 iPad 9.7, iPhone 11Pro (64GB)
fearlessfreap24 said:

LOL, I couldn't figure it out either.

WELCOME AlienDNA! :biohazard

U

UncSki1218

yeah dont worry...we've all asked plenty of dumb questions. a lot of the time using the search function on the top really helps.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac G5, 4G 40gb, G4 iBook
Welcome to the forums bro...This is where it gets fun to use a computer again.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 1.83GHz, 1.5GB RAM
fearlessfreap24 said:
I'm wondering if it has anything to do w/ his profession/major.

Maybe Business Communications?

MCP is a title for a Microsoft Certified something... (I think it has something to do w/ being SQL certified).

Anyone else w/ ideas? :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" iMac G5- 1.8Ghz - 1GB of Ram - AND - 17" Intel Core 2 Duo iMac - 2Ghz - 1GB of Ram
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ibook G4 14in
welcome to mac-forums!

OP
AlienDNA
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.0
fearlessfreap24 said:

Hehehe! It's a response to all the pretentious twaddle that was so prevalent on Usenet (Anyone remember Usenet? Anyone?) in the '90s:

B.Comm (my actual degree! Bachelor of Commerce)
MCP (okay, this one's real too. I am indeed a Microsoft Certified Professional. But I admitted up front I was an MS Goon :ninja: )
MX5 (I own a Miata)
PADI (added this after getting my diving certification)
PDQ (pretty darn quick. I used to be able to run really fast! I should probably take this out now.)
FEB(tm) (Fellowship of Elitist B*stards (trademark) - and, no, you can't join. After all we're elitist and we're B*stards! ;) )

And the "No Relation To Julia" is in there because I'm so very tired of every rental car agent and hotel clerk I meet asking me "So how's your sister?" when they see my name. :)

Reaction score
Well, do you have a sister? Just kidding.

Welcome to Macworld... er .. I mean, the Mac world (i should stop looking at my on User Pic so much).

Can't wait for those "dumb" questions.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.25Ghz Mini, 512MB, 40GB
Remember, there is no such thing as a dumb question, only dumb answers. Lucky very few dumb answers come from here.

Welcome aboard, and I think you will find you have switch from the dark side not to it. ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White 2ghz Core Duo Macbook, 2ghz RAM, 60gb Hard drive, SuperDrive
I really like this forum's attitude in general... I've tried others and ... no. Hehe

OP
AlienDNA
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.0
*sigh* So my new MacBook Pro came...and its gone already. :(

It suffered from the dreaded buzzing LCD panel. Apple decided to RMA it. Sadly, as a CTO machine, that means it'll probably be at least another week before the replacement arrives. Here's hoping they send out a trouble free revision this time around. *sigh*

D

djmitch

Don't let this setback get you down. I rarely hear of people experiencing problems with their Macs, and I think it's about as rare as Apple not fixing things right the first time.

Anyhow, once you're up and running for good, prepare to enjoy computing like you never have before! I have plenty of time to waste on things like this forum because I'm never fooling around with anti-this-and-that software (virus, adware, spyware, etc.), or rebooting after a freezeup, or having my entire computer crash or freeze up when only one application craps out - you get the point! Welcome, and I hope your experience here and on your Mac is all it's hyped up to be!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.