Removing Mac Pro Raid Card

Reaction score
I have removed a Mac Raid Card from a 2,1 Mac Pro computer, but can't find the place to plug the cable back into the motherboard to reconnect the hard drives. Everything I have read says to remove the fan cage, but I have only been able to find the one black screw in the corner closest to the hard drives, and i can't see any others. My suspicion is that there are screws in the bottom of the computer, hidden by the gray label. I have tried to peel it off, but is seems stuck on with some super adhesive. Before I try harder, can anyone verify if there are screws under the label holding the fan cage into the computer? Thanks!

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
We moved your post to the correct forum.

As to your question... have you tried going to iFixit: The Free Repair Manual Also, several of our members are familiar with the inner working of a Mac Pro and should be able to assist.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.