Macbook Pro not booting nor installing osx

Reaction score
So recently i got my self a Macbook Pro 17"(A1297 Model) from a friend which had a EFI Password lock,so i got rid of it via someone over the internet. After that i try using my next macbook hard drive with a pre install osx to see if the mac will book it up. During the boot up the mac(17") will reach a certain point then the apple sign and the loading bar disappears and the computer shuts down.This also happens during on my preparation for a clean installation.I have also did a SMC And PRAM reset and no luck still

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Various Mac's
When a Mac boots and just before you would expect the login screen to appear it switches off, this is usually caused by a failed hard drive or corrupt OS.

When you mention a loading bar, is this the normal thin Yosemite bar, or a fatter bar with rounded ends? If the later that would normally indicate a failing hard drive.

If a newer Mac where the EFI password couldn't be cleared by a simple procedure, then if using a non standard way of removing the EFI password you can never predict what that hack has done. The recommended approach would have been visiting an ARS or AASP with your proof of ownership. A long hex code is then generated, this is uploaded to Apple support who generate a bootable file that is copied to a USB memory stick, this is then booted and clears the EFI password leaving you a blank hard drive. Any other process is unpredictable.

Was the MacBook Pro working for your friend, if not what fault did he/she tell you it had? Was it the fault you now describe?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.