Gmail Notifier 1.8.2 - No Notification

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" 2.0GHz Intel Core Duo iMac, 1.5 GHZ PPC Mac Mini, MacBook MB403LL/A
Is anyone else using the recently updated version of Google's Gmail Notifier? Since I upgraded it to the latest version, it never reports new mail, despite there being new/unread mail in my inbox. No such problem with the older version. Can anyone confirm? Thanks!

Mark

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP- 2.4GHz (13-inch), 8GB, 250GB; Mac mini 2.0, 2GB, 120GB HD; 2017 iPad 9.7, iPhone 11Pro (64GB)
geekboy2000 said:
Is anyone else using the recently updated version of Google's Gmail Notifier? Since I upgraded it to the latest version, it never reports new mail, despite there being new/unread mail in my inbox. No such problem with the older version. Can anyone confirm? Thanks!

Mark

I once used that one, but now I use this Firefox extension Gmail Manager, and it works great for me since I have multiple Gmail accounts. So, if you use Firefox, check it out.

OP
geekboy2000
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks, but I don't use Firefox as my default browser. In fact, I jump between a number of them. I did notice though, that now, even the older version of Gmail Notifier is not reporting new messages, nor is another app, Gmail Status. My login works fine with the apps, and via the web, and yet, despite seeing a new message in my inbox, no external app is working right. Very strange.

Mark

OP
geekboy2000
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.