Can't delete emails

Reaction score
Just recently, I'm having problems moving emails from my inbox to trash. It says it cannot move it to trash. Operation cannot be completed-file exists. What does this mean and how do I fix this? Please help!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Air M2 ('22) OS 14.3; M3 iMac ('23) OS 14.3; iPad Pro; iPhone 14
Just recently, I'm having problems moving emails from my inbox to trash. It says it cannot move it to trash. Operation cannot be completed-file exists. What does this mean and how do I fix this? Please help!

Hello and welcome to the forum! :) You're providing little information to help in replying to your post; please tell us: 1) Apple computer (model/year) you are using; 2) What OS X is installed; 3) What version of Mail is installed; 4) What accounts and ISPs are you using; 5) If multiple accounts from different ISPs, is this a consistent issue; and 6) What have you done to correct the problem, e.g. contact w/ the problem account ISP? Answers to these questions will greatly help - Dave

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.