Suspected scam on safari

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2009 iMac10,1 High Sierra 10.13.6, Intel Core 2 Duo, 3.06 GHz, 12GB RAM, 500GB Storage
While in safari I was on an internet page and all of a sudden got an error message which looks suspicious. I attached the notice. I tried wiping safari clean. Comes back. I tried a reboot by shutting of iPhone 4S by holding down the on/off switch. Comes back. I tried restart by holding down the home key and on/off switch for 5 seconds until the phone shut off and rebooted. Comes back. I called the Apple Support (not the number listed on the attached file) and the tech said he could not help me. Phone is no longer supported. Can someone tell me what this is and how to get out of it. Thanks

IMG_3104.PNG

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2015 Retina 4K iMac. Monterey. 8GB RAM. Crucial 500GB external SSD
looks fake to me. scam. happens on pcs often. never seen it on the mac before. not yet anyway.

C

chas_m

It doesn't "look fake," it is unquestionably and totally fake.

The problem you're having is that Safari is automatically re-loading the last page you visited. You can change this, and clear the cache, by closing Safari completely (double-click home button, flick Safari upwards), and using the Safari preferences in System Preferences. Just fixed this the other day for a friend.

OP
R
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2009 iMac10,1 High Sierra 10.13.6, Intel Core 2 Duo, 3.06 GHz, 12GB RAM, 500GB Storage
It doesn't "look fake," it is unquestionably and totally fake.

The problem you're having is that Safari is automatically re-loading the last page you visited. You can change this, and clear the cache, by closing Safari completely (double-click home button, flick Safari upwards), and using the Safari preferences in System Preferences. Just fixed this the other day for a friend.
I tried doing that first thing and it just came back. Well, then after a couple of hours the error notice just went away. I didn't do anything, just put the phone down. After a couple of hours checked email and facebook and then went to safari and the problem was gone. I was then able to close the other open web pages and all is well. Never thougth it would correct itself.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.