Question re OS X 10.6.8 'bootcamp' & upgrading win 7 to win 10

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 21.5 1TB HDD - iPod Touch 4G
My iMac runs OS X 10.6.8 - When I bought it 5 years ago, I also bought Win 7 and installed it via bootcamp, simply as an initial security blanket. However I have not used it (Or even booted into it) for at least 3 years.

If I boot up into it, and tell it to upgrade to win 10, is that OK in bootcamp? Meaning that when it reboots etc, during the install, am I going to have to keep pressing the 'boot into windows' key each time, or will it 'know' that its supposed to re-starting the bootcamp/windows partition and just get on with it?

I've googled and am getting mixed responses. Some say I need to download additional stuff to ensure it goes smoothly and others say its fine - HOWEVER, most of this advice assumes I am using a more recent version of the mac OS X - And therefore presumably, a more 'updated' version of bootcamp ???

Any advice / experiences please? I'm not that worried about win 10 - I'm really just looking to have a play with it - BUT I don't wanna end up messing up my ability to boot normally into the mac O SX...

Thanks in advance

(Apologies if this is the wrong forum, but the switcher forum is the one I have always posted in)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.