• The Mac-Forums Community Guidelines (linked at the top of every forum) are very clear, we respect US law and court precedence when it comes to legality of activity.

Therefore to clarify:
    • You may not discuss breaking DVD or BluRay encryption, copying, or "ripping" commercial, copy-protected DVDs.
    • This includes DVDs or BluRays you own. Even if you own the DVD or BluRay, it is still technically illegal under the DMCA to break the encryption. While some may argue otherwise, until the law is rewritten or the US Supreme Court strikes it down, we will adhere to the current intent of the law.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying unprotected movies or homemade DVDs.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying tools in the context that they are used for legal purposes as outlined in this post.

A good tutorial for iDVD...

B

boguiboy

Hi there, I would like to know where I can find a good manual to make DVD´s with the iDVD, to manage music, slide photos, if I can put some text and effects I can use to one slide to another. I know iDVD has one but if I can learn more with one which could download trough the web.Thanks for your help.

Reaction score
iDVD is so simple I don't know why you need a manual. What exactly are you trying to acomplish? It should show all your music from itunes, or you can just drag and drop compatable files. For text make an image file of the text (in photoshop or equivelent), and for transitions I beleive there is a drop box in between menus in the layout view (I'm not sure, I havn't upgraded in awhile).

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Powerbook G4, ipod nano, ipod video and a whole lotta love
I can see that spelling believe is harder than using idvd......boguiboy, i am in the same situation. I have avi files I want to put into idvd. i dont know how to do it either. so besides bluesmudge, someone that can help! hit us up

Reaction score
Your problem is different, and a more difficult one. If the avi file is not a codec (most arn't) that Quicktime Pro can read, you can't convert it there. I know VLC media player can play almost all avi files, but I don't think it is a converter. Somebody else might know a program that can do this. You need a .mov or .dv to import it into iDVD.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.