downloading and posting photos question

Reaction score
I just downloaded Yosemite for may MacBook Pro. Before when I downloaded a photograph, it went to "last important" and after that to "imported last 12 months." These photos were easy to access to attach to Facebook posts, Messages, or email.

Now, I can't get to last import or imported last 12 months and must drag the photo to the desk top, then put it in Preview, where I can copy it. Isn't there a better way with Yosemite?
Thanks!

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
The new to you version of OS X (Yosemite) also has a new photo application called "Photos" which should be on your Dock and in your Applications folder. It works the same way as before. Any photos that you download or import to your Mac from your camera will be listed as "Last Imported" in the Photos app. You can post it to Facebook the same way. You just need to learn how to use the new app. Also, the iPhoto program still exists on your Mac in your Applications folder.

C

chas_m

Now, I can't get to last import or imported last 12 months and must drag the photo to the desk top, then put it in Preview, where I can copy it. Isn't there a better way with Yosemite?
Thanks!

As stated, nothing has really changed in this regard -- Photos (the program you're using now) works pretty much the same way iPhoto did in this regard (and, it should be said, in most other regards).

"Last Imported" is at the top of the "Abums" view. Photos has an automatic gathering of a given year, so you use that to find stuff from this year. Once you locate and select the photos you want to post to Facebook, press the share button (upper right, next to search) and choose Facebook. You'll be asked where on FB you want to post them (into your timeline, into an existing or new album, etc) and that's it.

If you drag a photo out of Photos (or iPhoto) onto the desktop, you have already made a copy of it, so you can just post it to Facebook from there as well if you prefer.

OP
S
Reaction score
Photo copying from lasted imported

Thanks for your response! My problem is not locating the lasted imported photo, but copying it. I highlight it, but cannot copy it until I put it in preview. "Photos" has a copy choice in the edit menu, but when I try to paste the photo into word, nothing. I did make progress in importing the photo to Facebook.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.