burn mp3 files to audio cd

Reaction score
I need to transfer mp3 files to audio cds for a road trip. Does my MAC have that capability or do I need new software?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
mid-2010 Mac Mini OS 10.12.6 Sierra, 2.66 GHz C2D, 8GB RAM, 30 in. Cinema Display
Your MAC can't do anything like that....however, your Mac has iTunes which can do that quite easily.;) Open iTunes, select audio...go to File>Create New Version and I'm sure you can figure it out from there.

BTW...MAC is an acronym for A MAC (Media Access Control) address, sometimes referred to as a hardware address or physical address.
A Mac is one kick butt computer!

Welcome to Mac-Forums

Brent

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Air M2 ('22) OS 14.3; M3 iMac ('23) OS 14.3; iPad Pro; iPhone 14
I need to transfer mp3 files to audio cds for a road trip. Does my MAC have that capability or do I need new software?

Hello and welcome to the forum! :) As already suggested, iTunes can be used - if your MP3 files are already on your computer w/ playlists, then an easy method is to simply select a 'playlist', click the 'gear' in the lower left corner which opens the menu shown in the image attached - then select 'Burn Playlist to Disc' (blue arrow). Of course, you'll need a way to play the MP3 files in your car, but assume you have that already solved. Dave

Screen Shot 2015-08-06 at 5.28.22 PM.png

C

chas_m

There's no need to convert the files as suggested by Dogbreath. Just make a playlist of songs (no more than 70 minutes' worth for a standard audio CD), then right click and choose to burn the playlist to Audio CD (not MP3 CD). The files are converted "on the fly" for burning to the format used by an Audio CD.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.