Remote printing from Macbook to a Win 10 Desktop with Non-networking printer

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2010 - MacBook Pro 2017
Help needed!
The solution that worked fine with a Win 7 PC (enable LPD Print Service on PC; input on Macbook the printer address as lpd://IP address of PC/Printer name) does not work anymore after PC upgrading to Win 10. It seems that LPD Print Service is no more supported by Win 10. Has anyone already met this Problem?
Note: both computers are on the same domestic wi-fi network. The printer is connected to the Win 10 PC via USB port.
Now, waiting for valuable suggestion to solve the problem, I downgraded the PC to Win 7 and all is going well as before the upgrading to Win 10.

Last edited:

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I suggest submitting your question to a Windows forum. Our sister forum "Windows Secrets Forum" is where you need to go. Windows 10 is new and folks are still adjusting to it.

Windows Secrets Forum

OP
C
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2010 - MacBook Pro 2017
Remote printing

Many thanks for the suggestion!
After having submitted my problem to the Windowssecrets forum I got the rigth answer in less than 24 hours!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.