Unlock iPhone.

Reaction score
Hello,

I am using iPhone 5s (A1453). Which i bought from a seller on eBay. the phone was locked to Sprint. I managed to unlock it, and i was using it since 6 months.
But when i restored my iPhone using iTunes, It locked again. Can anybody help me out what to do. I live in India.

C

chas_m

If the phone is now locked again, you did not unlock it -- you hacked the carrier lock and opened up a GIGANTIC security hole you were lucky enough not to have gotten attacked. Be very glad the restoration closed that.

The solution, I'm afraid, is to contact Sprint, tell them the story, give them the IMEI and such and perhaps -- for a small fee -- they will send the code to the phone to remove the carrier lock. This is only legal, safe and permanent way to unlock that phone.

For future reference: don't buy locked phones if you don't live where you can get it unlocked.

OP
K
Reaction score
OK Sir, as you say it's illegal, so what is the correct way then..?

Any Other Way then..!

Can i unlock my phone with turbo sim..?

Please Provide any other way out...!

Last edited:

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
If the phone is now locked again, you did not unlock it -- you hacked the carrier lock and opened up a GIGANTIC security hole you were lucky enough not to have gotten attacked. Be very glad the restoration closed that.

The solution, I'm afraid, is to contact Sprint, tell them the story, give them the IMEI and such and perhaps -- for a small fee -- they will send the code to the phone to remove the carrier lock. This is only legal, safe and permanent way to unlock that phone.

For future reference: don't buy locked phones if you don't live where you can get it unlocked.

Highlighting the solution that was provided, since you managed to somehow not read it..

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.