can someone tell me which charger is authentic

Reaction score
bought a fake charger since the new ones are $80 and don't last anyways.

but just found out i had warranty so i am getting it replaced but may keep the fake one as a backup.

i think the one of the right is from the fake charger? i got these mixed up :/

http://i60.tinypic.com/rlf6n4.jpg

rlf6n4.jpg

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2023-14" M3max MBPro, 64GB/1TB, iPhone 15 Pro, Watch Ultra
The one with DWELL SHINE PJ matches the one that I use on my MacAIr.

Lisa

C

chas_m

Please note that "fake ones" are cheap because they ignore/bypass the safety features found in well-designed products like Apple chargers, and are the frequent cause of electrocutions/explosions/fires.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Well then I have two fakes and one genuine because the one on my MB Pro has a Volex. Interesting ....

Lisa

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Air M2 ('22) OS 14.3; M3 iMac ('23) OS 14.3; iPad Pro; iPhone 14
Well then I have two fakes and one genuine because the one on my MB Pro has a Volex. Interesting ....

Hi Lisa - I just checked the AC power plug-in to the charger on my MBPro (spring 2013) which both came in the box w/ the laptop from Apple - mine says: Longwell E344534 on one side, and LS-7A 2.5A 125V on the other side.

Now this adapter simply is bringing the AC current to the actual charging unit, which is the more critical part of the entire 2-component system - my main concern would be that the charger and the MagSafe connector are Apple products. Dave :)

Reaction score
Please note that "fake ones" are cheap because they ignore/bypass the safety features found in well-designed products like Apple chargers, and are the frequent cause of electrocutions/explosions/fires.

Not a day goes by where I read an article about someone killed off by these imitations.

Now about those 10 power adapters that I have with frayed ends on them that came with the laptop......

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
The only potential fakes are the AC plug adapters. My MagSafe connectors all have the apple logo on them. And none of them are frayed! Funny thing is the only adapter that ever seems to get hot (as in very warm) is the "genuine" one on the MB Pro. Weird.

Lisa

Reaction score
I have both one, 'cause my sister have a MBP, and she bought a fake charger after the original failed
The DWELL SHINE PJ one look pretty cheap, and actually I tried to move the plug and it broke, but the Volex one look to have more quality, and I brought an iMac G4 that came with a (original, I think) power cord of the same brand

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.