Table look up help

Reaction score
I have a table, 12 columns x 18 rows, and I can't figure out how to return a value from a single cell.

If I look up a value from the top row and another value from the left most column, I need to return the value in the intersecting cell.

Here's an image that hopefully explains it better:

image.png

I'm sure I managed this many years ago in Exel but just can't figure it in Numbers. (and probably couldn't in Exel now, if I'm honest:D)

Any help would be appreciated.

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
OP
R
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies. I have been playing around with INDEX, HLOOKUP and VLOOKUP but they don't quite seem to have what's required.

Is there a way to return the cell reference, rather than the cell value, following a lookup? I could probably work with that to get the intersection.

Many thanks.

M

MacInWin

Look at Column, Columns, Row and Rows. You may be able to build a reference from that, then use Address to get the reference. So Hlookup to find the Column, then in that column Row to determine the row, then Address to build the reference?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.