Pictures taken on iPhone

Reaction score
On my iPhone 5s running 8.4 software i can not tag pictures with the location they were taken. My pictures just show the date they were taken. In talking with a friend about this they told me to go to settings, privacy, location services and there will be multiple apps to toggle between, never, while using app etc. On my phone, that screen only has one app to do this to, Siri. When I look at friends iPhones theirs has multiple apps including the camera app. No one can figure why I don't have any apps but Siri on that screen.
Any help will be greatly appreciated.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
There is clearly something wrong since there are built in apps on your iPhone that utilize "Location Services" and should be listed there under that heading. Try turning off your iPhone and on again (reboot it) and let's see if it straightens itself out.

My "Location Services" setting from Privacy has 9 entires besides Twitter and Facebook. Yours should have about as many depending on how many apps you have installed that use Location Services.

OP
S
Reaction score
Thanks chscag, I have rebooted the phone several times, no luck. Checking my phone this afternoon now my bank app appears on the screen along with Siri, but that's it. I haven't used the phone since last night. My iPhone is a personal phone separated from work. I also have an iPad Air 2 and recently purchased a Mac Air. Is it possible something is going on between these devices? On that same screen my iPad has a least as many apps as you mentioned.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.