iPhoto Frustrations

Reaction score
Okay guys. I love Mac. It's my only computer preference. But for a year now I've been having this issue: I've deleted all of the photos of my ex and me from iPhoto and from iCloud. They're gone. But when I go to download a photo on to Facebook or change my Desktop photo to another photo, they somehow still show up in my iPhoto? I thought I deleted them? So then I go back into the actual iPhoto app and they aren't there. So only when I want to upload things they show up? It's annoying. I'm finally all fed up with this and I need help. So please. Help!

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
The iPhoto app has its own Trash. Even though you may delete photos from your iPhoto library unless you empty the iPhoto Trash, the photos will remain. Also check around your folders to make sure there are no duplicates still present.

OP
N
Reaction score

The iPhoto app has its own Trash. Even though you may delete photos from your iPhoto library unless you empty the iPhoto Trash, the photos will remain. Also check around your folders to make sure there are no duplicates still present.

I've done all of that. A year ago, and everyday of my life. They're literally nowhere on my Mac until I go to upload to Facebook.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.