Expose problem: can i reset it?

N

novoproto

i have searched through the forums a number of times, but i have not find a solution to my problem:

when i push "show desktop" my desktop is only shown for 3-5 seconds before my windows fly back into view (as if i pushed "show desktop" a second time).

i have tried swapping keys and the problem persists independent of my soft key selection.

also, the "show desktop" function does not sponateously initialize without me asking it to.

These last two points indicate to me that it is not a mechanical problem with my keyboard. is there a way that i can reset my expose?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook 12" G4, 30 GB, 768 MB RAM. iPod 5G 30GB.
are you holding the key? did you open a file or app? -yes, that would collapse the windows back to how they were

OP
N

novoproto

iWonder said:
are you holding the key? did you open a file or app? -yes, that would collapse the windows back to how they were

no, i only push "show desktop" once to fiddle with files i just downloaded (such as rename them or throw them in the trash or creating a folder) and the windows will fly back into my screen while i am half way renaming it, or moving it. it can be quite frustrating.

OP
N

novoproto

hm......

i just tested allocating a lower left-hand corner mouse sweep as "show desktop" and i have the same problem. even if i don't do ANYTHING with my computer, my windows fly back into view in 3-5 seconds. what is more interesting is the time delay is not constant.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Powerbook G4 • 24" iMac • iPhone 3Gs
Expose is controlled by the Dock, so if you haven't done a restart or logout/in, try opening Terminal and typing:

killall Dock

Hit enter, Dock will reset and maybe your problem will be gone as well.

OP
N

novoproto

surfwax95 said:
Expose is controlled by the Dock, so if you haven't done a restart or logout/in, try opening Terminal and typing:

killall Dock

Hit enter, Dock will reset and maybe your problem will be gone as well.

thank you. i have done multiple restarts/log ins since this problem began, but i will try the script.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.